| Relax and Renew:
Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., P.T.
$23.95 | paperback + e-book
256 pages | 8 1/2" x 11"
|About the Book
Whether you have five minutes or an hour, taking time out each day to relax and renew is essential to living well. This book presents nurturing physical postures and breathing techniques called restorative yoga. When practiced regularly, they will help you to:
Now in a second edition with updated instructions, a full index, and a new interior and cover design, Relax and Renew gently guides the experienced practitioner and enthusiastic beginner—regardless of age, flexibility, or strength—in techniques that will ease your way through this hectic world. The first book devoted exclusively to restorative yoga, Relax and Renew offers:
- heal the effects of chronic stress;
- recover from illness or injury;
- balance energy and quiet the mind;
- a general restorative sequence;
- programs for back pain, headaches, insomnia, jet lag, and breathing problems;
- a special section for women during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause;
- routines for when time is limited, including one for the office;
- practical suggestions that help you prevent stress and live more fully in the present moment.